The Woodlands Resort and Conference Center
Assistant Director of Housekeeping
The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit, values that today are embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his visionary investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company today. At the core of our DNA we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. For our people, for our stakeholders, for our shareholders and for the people that live, breathe, consume and experience our brand.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We are driven by entrepreneurialism, a passion for excellence, and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value for our shareholders. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast to coast.
The Howard Hughes Corporation is searching for an Assistant Director of Housekeeping. The Woodlands Resort and Conference Center. A mere 30 minutes from downtown Houston, Texas, a world of intoxicating beauty awaits. Tucked away within the Texas Piney Woods on 28,000 acres of natural forest, The Woodlands Resort is an ideal vacation destination for families, friends and couples as well as an exceptional venue for meetings, conferences, social events and weddings. For four decades, The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center has provided a convenient escape to nature and recreation for families, couples, golf and tennis enthusiasts, and business travelers. The gorgeous forest setting provides the backdrop for a resort of grand proportions, offering an array of leisure and business amenities and genuine Texas hospitality.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in overseeing and ensuring overall cleanliness and product quality of the resort. Inspect areas for job completion and confirm required quality levels are reached (closets, grounds, rooms, public areas, etc.) Implement a system to track results of inspections. Conduct random room inspections to ensure brand standard of quality is being performed by room attendants and room inspectors.
- Assist Executive Housekeeper in the financial process by monitoring labor budget, purchasing and supply and linen inventory control. Assist in forecast, create, and monitor Department budget to ensure it remains with established budgetary guidelines.
- Support and assist with coaching and feedback, motivation, training, supervising, scheduling and evaluating associates. Evaluate all job related activities and associates to assess their needs assuring that all operations are conducted in a smooth, efficient, and productive manner, exercising care, diligence, and following the prescribed safety and security guidelines.
- Ensure that department communication occurs effectively and consistently, hold daily pre-shift meetings to communicate all issues necessary to enhance supervisor's and associate's performance, updates, technical performance, and project completion. Maintain open and constant communication with associates and management within established goals and guidelines. Identify and respond appropriately to trends and/or areas of improvement.
- Communicate with other departments to solicit their assistance when necessary to accomplish company and departmental goals. Respond to our guest's questions, complaints, comments, and requests and if needed determine necessary recovery to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Reinforce good performance when appropriate. Coach staff for success and coach for improvement. Determine, deliver, and document disciplinary actions when needed. Support the Department training efforts directed toward maximizing personnel capabilities and productivity and Living the Starwood Brand, maintaining open communication with the training professional at all times.
- Ensure adequate staff coverage is provided for all positions in case of call offs. Manage work flow to accomplish department goals. Ensure associates use assigned equipment within the established guidelines (proper handling, cleaning, and storing in the designated location) Coordinate proper maintenance and upkeep of equipment with the Equipment Coordinator and counsel any abusers. Report any maintenance issues to Engineering.
- Work in a cooperative and friendly manner with fellow employees, set a positive example.
- Provide the highest level of guest service to the hotel’s clients.
- Maintain professional attire and personal hygiene.
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area.
- Read, understand and follow all policies, procedures and practices as stated in the Employee Handbook.
- Implement the hotel’s safety and emergency policies and procedures (i.e. evacuation, first aid, etc.) to include removing all safety hazards, following company’s OSHA program, safe lifting techniques.
- Promptly report substandard (unsafe) conditions to Supervisor.
- Promptly report accidents, injuries, property damage or loss to Supervisor.
- Inform management promptly of any work-related problems or guest complaints.
- Promote the hotel through goodwill, courtesy and a positive attitude.
- Attend all scheduled training classes and meetings.
- Continue to learn and grow in your position.
- Perform any reasonable request as assigned or directed by management.
- Provide for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules.
- Assist person(s) with a disability.
- Comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws ordinances as they apply to the hotel, guest and employees.
- Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or 5 to 7 years of hospitality/housekeeping experience or equivalent related leadership experience, preferred.
- Strong English Communication Skill (Written & Verbal) - additional languages spoken helpful but not required.
- Multiple languages are a plus.
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.”