The Woodlands Resort and Conference Center
Conference Services Attendant
The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit, values that today are embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his visionary investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company today. At the core of our DNA we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. For our people, for our stakeholders, for our shareholders and for the people that live, breathe, consume and experience our brand.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We are driven by entrepreneurialism, a passion for excellence, and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value for our shareholders. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast to coast.
The Howard Hughes Corporation is searching for Conference Services Attendant for The Woodlands Resort. The hotel is located in the award winning master planned community of The Woodlands, Texas 45 minutes north of Houston. The hotel features 402 guestrooms. The area around the hotel is home to multiple Fortune 500 companies, The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, shopping, dining and entertainment venues.
As an Attendant, you will be responsible for the actual set-up/break-down, care and maintenance of the meeting rooms and banquet events.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- May respond to guest request, changes and additions as necessary, promptly and in a professional manner
- Set up includes tables, chairs, stages, dance floors and audio visual equipment.
- Attend weekly Banquet Event Meetings and other meetings as set forth by the Banquet Manager or Conference Services Manager.
- Maintain all equipment and facilities in an organized, clean, safe environment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide guests with hospitality while adhering to the company service standards
Genuinely interact with customers
Adhere to daily side work lists and weekly maintenance program
Actively participate in feedback regarding operational improvements
Oversee maintenance and cleanliness of all seating areas
- Work in a cooperative and friendly manner with fellow employees, set a positive example
- Provide the highest level of guest service to the hotel’s clients
- Maintain professional attire and personal hygiene
- Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area
- Read, understand and follow all policies, procedures and practices as stated in the Employee Handbook
- Implement the hotel’s safety and emergency policies and procedures (i.e. evacuation, first aid, etc.) to include removing all safety hazards, following company’s OSHA program, safe lifting techniques
- Promptly report substandard (unsafe) conditions to Supervisor
Promptly report accidents, injuries, property damage or loss to Supervisor
Inform management promptly of any work-related problems or guest complaints
Promote the hotel through goodwill, courtesy and a positive attitude
Attend all scheduled training classes and meetings
Continue to learn and grow in your position
Perform any reasonable request as assigned or directed by management
Provide for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules
Assist person(s) with a disability
Comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws ordinances as they apply to the hotel, guest and employees
Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred
- Applicant must be flexible to work varied hours including nights, weekends and holiday
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.”