The Woodlands Resort & Conference Center
Receiving Specialist - Purchasing
The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit, values that today are embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his visionary investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company today. At the core of our DNA we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. For our people, for our stakeholders, for our shareholders and for the people that live, breathe, consume and experience our brand.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We are driven by entrepreneurialism, a passion for excellence, and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value for our shareholders. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast to coast.
A mere 30 minutes from downtown Houston, Texas, a world of intoxicating beauty awaits. Tucked away within the Texas Piney Woods on 28,000 acres of natural forest, The Woodlands Resort is an ideal vacation destination for families, friends and couples as well as an exceptional venue for meetings, conferences, social events and weddings.
The Receiving Specialist is responsible for all receipt of merchandise delivered to the facility, fill requisitions and oversee food storeroom.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Fill kitchen requisitions
- Receive food and beverage products
- Distribute guest’s packages
- Stock all storerooms
- Maintain sanitation standards
- Assist in office paperwork responsibilities
- Date perishable good and rotate stock accordingly
- Price dry good for inventory.
- Maintain cleanliness and sanitation of work area
- Maintains an encouraging working relationship with guests and other staff members.
- Arrive at scheduled time, appropriately dressed in full uniform
- Work in a cooperative and friendly manner with fellow employees, set a positive example.
- Provide the highest level of guest service to the hotel’s clients.
- Promote the hotel through goodwill, courtesy and a positive attitude.
- Perform any reasonable request as assigned or directed by management.
- Promote a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules.
- Familiarization with policies of the Safety and Security department and property.
- Flexible to work varying schedules.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of receiving and storing supplies
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Requires excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, additional language ability is a plus, however, not required.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Comprehensive knowledge of Federal, State, and local health, safety and legal regulations
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma
- 1-year storeroom and purchasing experience
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status."