The Woodlands Resort and Conference Center
Director of Sales
The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit, values that today are embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his visionary investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company today. At the core of our DNA we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. For our people, for our stakeholders, for our shareholders and for the people that live, breathe, consume and experience our brand.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We are driven by entrepreneurialism, a passion for excellence, and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value for our shareholders. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast to coast.
The Director of Group Sales is responsible for on-going solicitation efforts to source, qualify, close, and confirm new group business sales, while developing and maintaining relationships with existing accounts. This includes developing a strategic plan to drive measurable and incremental sales revenue to ensure personal performance and achievement of restaurant revenue goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review business strategies with General Manager to set sales goals; determine an action plan to meet key objectives.
- Manage and grow accounts through telephone solicitation, sales calls, site inspections, written communication, trade shows, industry meetings and third party relationships.
- Update action plans and financial plans quarterly
- Implements sales action plan(s) in assigned market areas as outlined in marketing plans, targeting key accounts.
- Conducts daily sales calls and arranges site inspection trips to the hotel for meetings.
- Develop professional long-term relationships by providing quick and timely responses and immediate communication.
- Provide 24-hour response time on all business leads.
- Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Develops relationships within the community to strengthen and expand sales opportunities.
- Acquire and develop new business accounts.
- Preparation of sales proposals for clients.
- Provide the highest quality of service to the customer at all times and strive to exceed planner satisfaction benchmarks.
- Identify new markets and business opportunities to increase sales revenue.
- Participate in sales calls with other members of the sales team to acquire new business/close on business.
- Meet or exceed quarterly production goals.
- Develop strong relationships with operations team to ensure unity and always striving to achieving similar goals
- Work in a cooperative and friendly manner with fellow employees, set a positive example.
- Provide the highest level of guest service to the hotel’s clients.
- Keep accurate communications flowing freely among all hotel departments.
- Promote the hotel through goodwill, courtesy and a positive attitude.
- Perform any reasonable request as assigned or directed by management.
- Provide for a safe work environment by following all safety and security procedures and rules.
- Due to the nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- 3-5 years of experience as a Director of Sales with a proven track record of success
- Knowledge of local markets and competitive markets within the Houston region
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, additional language ability is a plus, however, not required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Federal, State, and local health, safety and legal regulations
- Knowledge of the capabilities and limitations of the hotel and departments that may impact sales strategies
- Extensive knowledge of sales skills.
- Mathematical and computational ability.
- Must possess computer skills.
- Ability to assess/evaluate employees’ performance fairly.
- Ability to travel
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Business, or Hotel/Restaurant Management preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years hospitality sales experience required, in a full-service-group orientated hotel, resort or conference center environment
“All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.”