The Woodlands Resort and Conference Center
The Howard Hughes name is synonymous with entrepreneurial vision, tenacity and a pioneering spirit, values that today are embodied by The Howard Hughes Corporation. While Hughes’ passion for aviation and the silver screen are legendary, it was his visionary investment in real estate that forms the bedrock of the company today. At the core of our DNA we believe we can Make Life Extraordinary. For our people, for our stakeholders, for our shareholders and for the people that live, breathe, consume and experience our brand.
We believe in “Thinking Big” at The Howard Hughes Corporation. We are driven by entrepreneurialism, a passion for excellence, and an unrelenting dedication to success. Our mission is to be the pre-eminent developer and operator of master planned communities and mixed-use properties. We create timeless places and memorable experiences that inspire people while driving sustainable, long-term growth and value for our shareholders. We create environments where people want to live, work, shop, dine and play from coast to coast to coast.
The Howard Hughes Corporation is searching for a Chef for The Woodlands Resort and Conference Center. The hotel is located in the award winning master planned community of The Woodlands, Texas 45 minutes north of Houston. The hotel features 402 guestrooms, concierge floors, over 60,000 sq. ft. of meeting space. The area around the hotel is home to multiple Fortune 500 companies, The Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion, shopping, dining and entertainment venues.
The Banquet Chef will be responsible of managing all aspects of the banquet kitchen. Service all outlets with regard to employees, food product and planning.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Oversees the work of the kitchen staff.
• Receives direction from the Area Executive Chef and incorporates recommendations into work.
• Helps maintain a safe and sanitary kitchen cleaning up spills and other potential hazards immediately.
• Assists with training of newly hired kitchen staff.
• Makes sure adequate numbers of kitchen staff are scheduled to properly handle each banquet.
• Participates in employee evaluations and necessary disciplinary actions.
• Meets with potential banquet clients to discuss menu options.
• Develops menus based on client specifications and contracts.
• Places orders for recipe ingredients including meats, fresh fruits and produce, herbs, spices and other supplies.
• Supervises junior cooks and other members of the kitchen staff.
• Ensures that all standards of safety are strictly observed.
• Presents the finished product to the customer for approval.
• Monitors the quality of the banquet meal during the event.
• Evaluates client satisfaction.
• Looks for ways to save the facility money while still providing top quality products and services for clients.
• Possesses the ability to handle any menu ranging from breakfast buffets to corporate lunch meetings with
sandwiches to formal dinners with multi-course meals that are individually plated.
• Travels to offsite areas in the event a banquet is catered at another location.
• Must have the ability to multi-task while remaining focused on the goal.
• Must have excellent verbal communication and leadership skills.
• Be able to express creativity through food selections, preparation and presentation.
• Must be detail oriented; consult with the Executive Sous Chef on a daily basis, as well as with other departments
that are directly related to the culinary department.
• Must have the ability to remain calm in high stress situations.
• Be able to solve problems quickly under pressure.
• Must have adequate upper body strength for heavy lifting and strong back and leg muscles for hours of standing,
bending and walking around.
• Participate in long range planning and development for the culinary department.
• Participate, support, and make recommendations for ongoing hotel programs with continuous improvement in
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
High school or equivalent education required. Culinary degree preferred.
Five years or more professional culinary experience in a comparable environment.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.